- Snake River Canyon see Climbing Feature (95)58;ice, Basecamp (90)8.
- Twin Falls: Many climbs can be found west of the city within
the Snake River gorge and its tributaries.
- Mt. Borah. This is the tallest peak in the state, and features a
couple of alpine adventures on its North Face.
- Garden Valley Area:
Pine Flat Hot springs campground--30-45 ft WI 3 just above largest hot pool
with a good extended cold spell.
Lowman--1 1/2 miles south of Lowman on Hwy 26 right side of Hwy. 60 ft WI
- Grandjean Area:
- Bonneville Hot Springs--30 ft ice bouldering WI 2-3.
5 miles past Grandjean Turn-off on Hwy 21--110 ft WI 4+ (left side of Hwy)
Beware of Avalanche Hazard!!
- Baron Creek Falls--7 miles from Grandjean Campground (13 miles from Hwy)up
Baron creek trail. 2 pitch WI 4+. This is a long weekend ski/climbing trip
in some very awesome country.
- Sawtooth Mtns:
- Bridal Veil Falls-- 2 pitch WI 3+. Approach is 6 miles from Hwy past
- Goat Creek Falls--Short multi step WI 2-3, 2 miles from Iron Creek
- Multiple (100's) Alpine snow/ice couloir climbs throughout range.
- Marsing/Jump Creek:
- Jump Creek Falls--60 ft WI 3 (only forms after long extended cold spell,
high volume waterfall)
- Poisen Creek--Several 20-50 ft smears WI 3-4. Park at old stone stage
depot, scramble up through canyon.
- Hidden Falls--130 ft WI 4. 2 miles cross country NW of Poisen Creek.
- Lucky Peak/Idaho City:
- 30 ft WI 2-3. half way between high bridge and tree farm.
Mile marker 26/Rocks Lodge--30 ft WI 3 just behind Mile marker 26 on Hwy
- Queens River--1 mile SW of Queens River road. 50 ft WI 3-4. Right next to
road--belay out of car with heater running/Stereo blasting?!!!
- Smith Creek--3 miles west of Prairie on Blacks Creek road. High volume
creek, but will form 120 ft WI 4+.
- Rock Creek--2 miles East of Prairie, 1/2 mile off Blacks Creek road. 80 ft
- Caton Creek--Take Warm Lake road to Stolle Meadows (20 miles), Turn left to
Krassel/SF Salmon river(25 miles), turn right towards Yellowpine(8 miles).
Ice on North side of road 1/2 mile before sign marking Caton Creek. Up to
10-12 climbs 80-100+ ft. WI 2-5 depending on route and conditions. Also
some WI4+, M4/5 possibilities with good conditions. Fun playground for many
abilities in a great setting.